If you’re anything like us, packing isn’t exactly your favorite part of taking a vacation. Making a list (and checking it twice), gathering everything together, and figuring out how it’s all going to fit in your trunk can be a hassle. To help make your vacation preparation as painless as possible, Chalet Village has put together a helpful guide to the packing process. Here is our ultimate Gatlinburg packing list:
For the Road
If you will be driving to Gatlinburg, there are some items that you will want to keep handy during your road trip. Here are the things that you should keep accessible in the car (rather than stowed away in the trunk):
- Information about your reservation/cabin
- Cell phone and charger (with car adaptor)
- Books, toys, tablets, games, or other entertainment for the kids
- An iPod or CD with your favorite music
For Your Cabin
The great thing about staying at a cabin is that so much is already provided for you! All of the beds will be waiting for you with fresh linens, and the kitchen will be stocked with everything you need to whip up a tasty meal (except the actual food of course). We suggest that guests at our cabins add the following items to their Gatlinburg packing list:
- Plastic wrap and tinfoil
- Hair dryer
- Laundry supplies (if you have a washer and dryer in your cabin)
- Beach towels for the pool
- Infant high chair, safety gates, and portable crib (if applicable)
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Soap, shampoo, and conditioner
- Razor and shaving cream
- Nail clippers and tweezers
- Makeup and beauty products
- Bug spray
- Hiking supplies: compass, flashlight, First Aid Kit, binoculars, maps, canteens, picnic basket, backpack
Where to Go Food Shopping
If you plan on cooking during your vacation, it is usually easiest to pick up some groceries in Gatlinburg rather than bringing food from home. Please remember that our cabins come stocked with utensils, dishes, pots, and pans, but you will need to provide your own condiments and seasonings. Most of the guests at Chalet Village shop at the Food City located at 1219 East Parkway in Gatlinburg. It is about 13 minutes away from our cabin community.
If you would like your groceries waiting for you when you arrive at your cabin, you can take advantage of the Smoky Mountain Grocery service. All you have to do is call ahead and all of the food your ordered will be delivered to your cabin for a reasonable fee.
What Clothes to Bring
What clothing you decide to pack depends on the season and what activities you like to enjoy. Here are a few tips for which clothes to pack on your vacation:
- Gatlinburg is a very casual place, so jeans and a T-shirt are appropriate for most attractions and restaurants.
- If you’re planning on eating at an upscale restaurant, you may want to pack one nice outfit.
- Try to pack clothes that are easy to layer, so you can add or take off a sweater or jacket as the temperature rises and falls throughout the day.
- You can pack half as many outfits if you do a load of laundry during your trip.
- If you plan on doing some hiking during your vacation, be sure to bring hiking boots or comfortable shoes.
- Always check the weather forecast before you pack!
Now that you’ve read our Gatlinburg packing list, you’re ready to start planning your next vacation! With everything from 1 bedroom cabins to 8 bedroom lodges, we are guaranteed to have the perfect property for your getaway. To start planning your escape, browse our selection of Gatlinburg cabin rentals!