Gatlinburg, TN is one of the most affordable vacation destinations in the United States. Located just a day’s drive from over 60% of the nation’s population, the Smoky Mountain area offers a wide variety of activities and attractions that won’t break the bank. When you stay at Chalet Village, your getaway will be even more affordable! To help you prepare for your next trip, we have put together a guide to five tricks for saving money at our cabin resort in Gatlinburg.
1. Take Advantage of Resort Amenities
Guests at Chalet Village will find plenty of excellent entertainment right at our resort! Here are some of the fun things you can do without leaving our property:
- Go for a swim in one of our pools
- Enjoy a game of tennis or shuffleboard
- Play checkers, chess, or another board game
- Take a stroll on our paved walking trail
- Have a ping pong, foosball, or billiards tournament
- Play horseshoes or other yard games
In addition to all of these wonderful resort amenities, our cabin rentals come with your choice of fun features. With home theaters, pool tables, foosball, high-speed internet access, and hot tubs, it’s easy to spend the whole day at your home away from home.
2. Enjoy Free Activities in Town
While there are plenty of great things to do at our cabin resort in Gatlinburg, you will definitely want to explore the city and the surrounding area. Fortunately, the Smokies are home to a number of fantastic activities that don’t cost a cent to enjoy. Here are a few of our favorite free things to do:
- Sampling wines along the Rocky Top Wine Trail
- Visiting the Arrowmont School of Arts & Crafts
- Walking around downtown Gatlinburg
- Driving along the Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail, Newfound Gap Road, or the Cades Cove Loop
- Hiking through the 800 miles of trails in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Picnicking at Cades Cove, Greenbrier, or Metcalf Bottoms
3. Eat in for Some of Your Meals
Constantly dining out during your vacation can add up quickly, so eating one or two meals per day at your cabin can be a great way to save money. All of our properties come with fully furnished kitchens, which makes it easy to whip up a tasty breakfast or lunch. Some of our cabins also come with outdoor grills, so you can have a fun BBQ with your family.
4. Travel with Friends
When it comes to saving money on vacation, “the more the merrier” definitely rings true! Traveling with friends allows you to split the cost of renting a cabin, along with other expenses like groceries and gas. Our largest cabin sleeps up to 18 people, so multiple families can comfortably stay under one roof.
5. Check for Specials
Chalet Village offers a number of excellent specials throughout the year. With free nights and half price nights, these deals can save you hundreds of dollars on your vacation. To see all of our latest discounts and promotions, check out our latest Gatlinburg Cabin Rental Specials.
For more information about any of the properties at our cabin resort in Gatlinburg don’t hesitate to give our friendly staff a call!