No vacation in Gatlinburg is complete without at least one night out on the town! Whether you’re looking for food, music, dancing, or other entertainment, you’re guaranteed to have a blast when you visit the downtown area after dark. To help you make the most of your getaway, Chalet Village has put together a guide to Gatlinburg nightlife. Here are five of our favorite things to do once the sun has set:
1. See One of Gatlinburg’s Great Shows
Gatlinburg is home to a number of theaters that offer Las Vegas-caliber shows right in the Smokies! Here are some of the awesome shows you can see during your night out:
- The Sweet Fanny Adams Theatre produces original musical comedies with a silly sense of humor similar to the Carol Burnett Show or Monty Python’s Flying Circus.
- The Iris Theater at the Gatlinburg Space Needle hosts some of the best magic acts in the nation. Magical Comedian Chris Collins and Master Mentalist Erik Dobell are currently headlining at the theater with their hugely popular show, Impossibilities: An Evening of Magic, Mindreading, and Mayhem.
- Guy Michaels Comedy Hypnosis is a hilarious show where audience members are hypnotized on stage. Once they’re under Guy’s spell, hypnotized volunteers will cluck like chickens, dance for the crowd, or do anything else Michaels tells them to!
2. Eat at a Restaurant with Live Music
Enjoying some wonderful music with your meal is another great way to spend an evening in Gatlinburg. Here are some restaurants in town that frequently have live entertainment:
- Crystelle Creek Restaurant & Grill (live music every night)
- Smoky Mountain Brewery (live music most nights)
- Three Jimmy’s (live music most nights, including a karaoke night)
- Loco Burro (live music on most weekends, and on some weeknights in the summer)
3. Show Off Your Dance Moves
If you’re looking to dance the night away, Gatlinburg has got you covered! Here are two spots where you can show off your best moves:
- Club 812 at Blaine’s Grill & Bar is an adults-only dance club open from 10:45 p.m. – 1 a.m. on Friday and Saturday nights. You can expect a spacious dance floor and a talented DJ spinning all of your favorite tunes.
- Ole Red Gatlinburg is an entertainment venue inspired by country music superstar, Blake Shelton. Ole Red serves up delicious food, has a complete bar with crafted cocktails, live music with performers every night, and a dance floor!
4. Take in Some Stunning Views
Downtown Gatlinburg is absolutely beautiful at night, and there are a few locations where you can admire truly spectacular views of the city’s glittering lights:
- The Gatlinburg Space Needle is a 407 ft. tall observation tower that offers breathtaking panoramic vistas of the downtown area.
- The Gatlinburg Scenic Overlook is a pull-off on the Gatlinburg Bypass that provides a picturesque view of the city.
5. Go on a Ghost Tour
Taking a ghost tour is a great alternative to Gatlinburg’s traditional nightlife activities. The city offers a number of spooky tours that explore the supernatural side of the Smokies. Ghost & Haunt Tours of Gatlinburg is our favorite ghost tour company because of their gripping storytelling and awesome ghost hunting equipment.
When you stay at Chalet Village, you will be just a short drive from all of the Gatlinburg nightlife. Our cabin community is only 10 – 15 minutes from the heart of the city. With everything from 1 bedroom cabins to 8 bedroom cabins, we are sure to have the perfect accommodations for your next escape. To start planning your vacation, browse our selection of Gatlinburg cabin rentals!