When you vacation in Gatlinburg, TN, you don’t have to leave your furry family member behind! Chalet Village is home to a number of dog friendly properties, so your pooch can enjoy everything the Great Smoky Mountain area has to offer. To help you make the most of your getaway, we have put together a few tips for vacationing with Fido at our Gatlinburg pet friendly cabins and chalets.
1. Choose the Perfect Cabin for Your Escape
Chalet Village has a great selection of dog friendly cabins and chalets to choose from. With everything from 1 bedroom rentals to 5 bedroom rentals, we are guaranteed to have a property that is right for your group size and budget. All of our units are completely unique, so spend some time browsing our collection of Gatlinburg pet friendly cabins and chalets to find the perfect match.
2. Remember to Pack the Following Items
There are a few items that you definitely don’t want to forget when you take your dog to Gatlinburg:
- Flea and Tick Collar – Especially important if you’ll be in the woods with your pooch.
- Strong Leash – Required at all times in the national park.
- ID Tag – In case your dog wanders off.
- Familiar Food – It’s good to keep Fido on his usual diet while you’re on vacation.
- Medication – If your dog takes any meds, be sure to bring them.
- Favorite Blanket – Will help your dog feel at home in your cabin.
- Toys – For playtime during your trip.
- Brush – Keep your dog looking spiffy.
- Pooper Scooper – Remember to clean up after your furry pal.
3. Dine at Pet Friendly Restaurants
Of course, all of our cabins and chalets come with fully furnished kitchens, so you can share a meal with your dog without leaving your home away from home. If you would like to dine out, however, there a number of great restaurants in Gatlinburg that provide pet friendly outdoor seating. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Wild Plum Tea Room
- Best Italian
- Howard’s Steakhouse
- Crystelle Creek Restaurant & Grill
- Fox & Parrot Tavern
4. Head to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Overflowing with natural beauty, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park is an irresistible destination for dogs. Four-legged visitors are allowed in all of the park’s picnic areas and along roads, but they must be kept on a leash at all times. Unfortunately, dogs are prohibited on most hiking trails because they may not mix well with the park’s ecosystem.
However, it is still possible to hike with your pooch in the Smokies! Dogs are allowed on the Gatlinburg Trail, a 1.9 mile one-way walking path that starts at the Sugarlands Visitor Center. This scenic trail runs along the West Prong of the Little Pigeon River and offers wonderful views of the water. Hikers will also encounter the remains of several historic homesites along the path.
To start planning your getaway with your dog, check out our complete selection of Gatlinburg pet friendly cabins and chalets. If you have any questions about our properties or would like a cabin recommendation, don’t hesitate to give our friendly staff a call today!