There is nowhere else in the world quite like downtown Gatlinburg, TN! Despite only being a handful of blocks long, there is a seemingly endless variety of things to see and do on The Strip. When you stay at Chalet Village, you will only be a 10 – 15 minute drive from all of the fun in the heart of the city. Here are the top three advantages of vacationing at our cabins close to downtown Gatlinburg.
1. The Best of Both Worlds
Although it is only a short drive from downtown, Chalet Village feels like a world unto itself. Our charming cabin community is tucked away in the foothills of the Smokies. Offering peace, quiet, and incredible mountain views, Chalet Village is the perfect place to kick back and relax. Staying in a scenic resort that is just minutes from all of the activity in the center of Gatlinburg is truly the best of both worlds.
(See Also: 5 Reasons Chalet Village Has the Best Cabin Rentals in Gatlinburg)
2. Never a Dull Moment
When you spend your vacation at our cabins close to downtown Gatlinburg, you will never be bored! There are so many great things to enjoy in the area that you could stay for a year and never do the same thing twice. Here are a few of our favorite attractions and activities downtown:
- See over 10,000 sea creatures at Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies.
- Sample free moonshine at Ole Smoky, Doc Collier, or Sugarlands Distillery.
- Get an aerial view of the city on the Gatlinburg Sky Lift.
- Check out the one-of-a-kind collection at the Salt and Pepper Shaker Museum.
- Watch a hilarious show at the Sweet Fanny Adams Theatre.
- Stroll along the Little Pigeon River on the scenic Gatlinburg River Walk.
- See the Batmobile and other iconic vehicles at the Hollywood Star Cars Museum.
3. The Freedom to Eat Out or Dine In
Downtown Gatlinburg is home to some of the area’s very best restaurants. At the same time, you may not always feel like eating out during your vacation. Fortunately, guests at Chalet Village will always have the option of returning to their cabin for a homecooked meal. Since you’ll only be 10 or 15 minutes from downtown, you can easily head back to your vacation rental for lunch or dinner before enjoying more activities in the city.
If you do decide to dine out, here are some great restaurants to visit:
- Pancake Pantry – the best pancakes in Gatlinburg.
- Crockett’s Breakfast Camp – wonderful place to start your day.
- Cherokee Grill – excellent steaks, burgers, and seafood.
- Three Jimmy’s – great BBQ and American fare.
- No Way Jose’s – mouthwatering Mexican food.
- The Melting Pot Gatlinburg – gourmet cheese and chocolate fondue.
- Parton’s Deli – fantastic sandwiches and sides.
Ready to start planning your vacation? Check out our complete selection of cabins close to downtown Gatlinburg. If you have any questions about our properties, or you would like a cabin recommendation, don’t hesitate to give our friendly staff a call today. We can’t wait to see you in Gatlinburg!